A Specialized Dialogue about Teachers' Policies in the Arab States: Reality and Prospective
The Ministry of Education in the Syrian Arab Republic participated with an official delegation in a specialized distant dialogue about "Teachers' Policies in the Arab States: Reality and Prospective" on Tuesday, October 20th, 2020; with the aim of discovering the impact of current teachers' policies on the educational systems in the Arab region and the ways of enhancing them.
The dialogue sought to identify the best practices and policies related to teachers that are conducting in Arab countries and the states of the world. It also aims to understand the relevant procedures that have been recognized and approved by international organizations, and to highlight the links between teachers' policies and improving the quality of education, as well as achieving the Sustainable Development 4th Goal for Education-2030. The Supreme Goal of highlighting these policies and practices is investing them in order to promote teacher policies in the educational systems in the Arab countries.
The working sessions were held under the following titles:
• The Regional and international teacher policies:
- UNESCO's global and regional teachers' policy initiatives.
- Studying the teachers' policies in the educational systems in the Arab world.
• International trends in teachers' policies:
- Results of the TALIS International Survey for Teaching and Learning and Teachers' Policies.
• Flexible responses and innovative practices in teachers' policies:
- Different responses to COVID-19 in the educational sector.
- The Singaporean experience entitled "Establishing Clear Frame of Reference for teachers".
The meeting about policy dialogue was completed on its second day October 21st, 2020; with four parallel workshops containing several pivots:
• Enhancing the attractiveness of the teaching profession for better efficiency.
• Teacher preparation and welfare after Coved-19.
• Studying the policies and programs of professional development and in-service training for teachers in the Arab countries.
• Teacher's evaluation.